[British Cars]re:OK, Now what

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [British Cars]re:OK, Now what
From: web@autox.team.net
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 02:16:18 -0600
Re:OK, Now what
> Which is one reason I'm thinking that over the long term moving folks from
>mailing lists to forums.  It could be a lot less work on my part in the long
>run.

Mark, I'm in favor of anything that makes your job easier !

However, I've got to say that this format is considerably more difficult for me
to use than the mail lists.  Not so much difficulty of navigation (the buttons
are there, they just aren't as obvious as perhaps some people need), it's just
that every action over the web takes time; while email is automagically
delivered to my desktop so I can read it at hard drive speeds.  Yes, I have a
reasonably high speed connection, but the annunciator at the bottom of the page
says it took 2.7 seconds to generate this page, during which time I stared at a
blank screen.  NBD until you start talking about hundreds of posts/day.

Just my $.02
Randall