movie alert - Triumph TR3A

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: movie alert - Triumph TR3A
From: "John B. Lipsky" <johnl@quadrexcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:31:53 -0500
Greetings:

Check out a new movie (2003) called "Flywheel".  I rented it this weekend
from Blockbuster.  What caught my eye was the TR3A on the DVD jacket so it
was a must view.

The story is about a shady, stressed out used car salesman who berates his
wife and son while ripping off his unsuspecting customers.  In the very
beginning of the movie he buys himself a nice '58 TR3A which doesn't start
(bad flywheel, thus the title) which then appears off and on through-out
the movie as he tries to get it running, and his 'act' together.

NOTE:  it turns out this is a heavily religious-inspirational movie with
lots of scripture quoting, Bible reading, heavy praying for forgiveness,
etc..  Not my cup of tea personally, and I think the overall plot line
would have been much cuter as one of the sequels to Oh God with George
Burns.  However, its an interesting story line, and he eventually sees the
err in his ways, gets his family and business life together, and happily
drives off at the end with his young son next to him in the TR3A....

Best regards,
John
John B. Lipsky
P.O. Box 3881