[British-cars] Series 1 Alpine 1492 cc

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [British-cars] Series 1 Alpine 1492 cc
From: John McEwen <moparrr@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:02:39 -0700
Hello everyone:

Like many of you, I haven't posted for a long time.  However, Rick's
post this morning was really coincidental.  Yesterday I was asked to
dispose of an Alpine Series 1 engine, along with a head and block for
another.  The engine is a complete with head, valve cover etc.  Only
the manifolds are missing.  It is still assembled and basically looks
just as it came out of the car.  The other parts include a block,
head and valve cover but they are disassembled.  There is also a set
of gauges and miscellaneous other parts which I didn't check too
closely.  I did take some pix of the engines.

Distance may be a problem (Edmonton, Alberta), but if your Series 1
engine is blown and you want authenticity this will do.  I have no
idea of the condition of the engine but it was removed for a later,
modified engine so I suspect it will be ok.  I'm not sure whether the
spare block and head is useful, but it's there too.

John