Great Swap Meet in Tucson this weekend

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Great Swap Meet in Tucson this weekend
From: Shadow@RTD.COM (The Shadow Knows...)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 19:58:05 -0700 (MST)
Yo:

 Just thought I would rub it in to all yo's back East and up
North folks about the fantastic Wx that befell the CHVA car
parts swap meet & car show in Tucson this weekend.

Sat:

 Chilly and damp 50-F in the early AM @ 05:00 hrs.  By 09:00 it
was a shirt-sleeve day.  By 12:00 hrs it was bikini weather.
Severe Clear all the rest of the day.  High temp at 85-F.  With
no wind. Found a complete (basket-case) 62, 4bbl, Olds-215 engine
w/pwr steering pump & brackets; gen & brackets; carb & aircleaner;
starter; distributor; fuel pump; exh. manifolds and loads of
dried chicken Poo.  One greasy stinking mess.  Got that for $125
for a guy in Benson, Az. who had asked me to snag one for him if
I could find it.  He has a Jetfire Turbo/carb/manifold setup he
wants to (try) run on an Olds-215 in a TR8.

Sun:

 Same as Sat. with less humidity.  09:00 it was above 70-F.  At
12:00 the sun-screen went on again.  No wind.  No clouds and it
was again Severe Clear at 85-F by mid afternoon.  Found a pair
of 64 Buick-300 heads w/valves & shafts & covers for $20.  Then
found a  6? Buick 4bbl intake for $5.  Both had been soaked in
the pond for a while.  Another guy gave me two Ford Chandler
Grove carbs and I got an offer of a Cast Iron Buick-300 block
w/crank, pistons and rods for free from the guy who had the
heads. "Just come-n-get it outta my garage", he said. "Ok Bubba.
I can do that", I quickly replied.  <GG>

 There were nearly 150 vendors set up on Sat. Absolutely every
vendor space allocated was full by 10:00 hrs.  On Sun. there
was at least 80 vendors as 1/4th of the Sat. seller spots were
allocated for the Sun. only Car Show portion. (And the car show
was full and a run-over area next to us swap meet guys used.) I
saw everything from Model-T cranks to running W-348's w/tri-pwr;
Flat Head Ford/Merc engines; Vet. Roch. FI units complete; Ford
427 engines & parts; lots of Mopar goodies; twin racing electric
fuel pump setups; 53 Dodge hemi engines; etc. and the list goes
on.  One fantastic swap meet.  Something for about everybody.
Wish yo'all could of been there.  It was a great 2-days.

  Cheers,
   Mr. Shadow (Ret)