Re: Rover crank specs-reply

To: "buick-rover-v8" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rover crank specs-reply
From: "The Becketts" <hillman@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 22:58:59 +1000
Hi Randall,

I did qualify my statement to say that - see below.  My assumption that
combustion chambers space was part of the engine capacity appears to be
wrong.  It certainly doesn't appear to be part of the swept volume and I
guess that means it isn't part of the the engine displacement.

Dave Kernberger clarified the position in his email.  Thanks, Dave.  It
looks as though I've had a false impression of what constitutes engine
capacity.  I just went and checked the bore and stroke figures on one of my
engines, did the calcs and came up with the published engine capacity.

Sorry Lar, I was wrong - but I bet it made a few people think!

Regards,

Ron