Re: Timing Cover Seal

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing Cover Seal
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 21:08:32 -0700 (PDT)
>At 06:58 PM 6/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>6/3/99
>>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>      Has anybody come up with a way to install a lip-type front seal
>>into the BOP 215 engine without machining out the cover as suggested by
>>Phil Baker and others???
>>
>>Regards,
>>Dave Kernberger
>
>We use the Engine Tech seals for the 3.8 V-6.  We sell them for $9, your
>local parts jobber may do better.
>Jack Emery
>Glenburn Maine
>'67 MGB V-8
>many others
6/5/99
Jack,

        Thanks for the reply.  I am not sure which seal you are referring
to.  What is Engine Tech?  Is it a brand name?  What application on the 3.8
V-6 engine is it for?  Are you talking about a Buick V-6?  Does the seal
fit directly into the BOP cover, or is there some adaptor required?  Part
No.?

Thanks,

Dave K.