What price a 215 engine

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: What price a 215 engine
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 18:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
6/10/99

To the groups,

        I want to sell a complete Buick 215 engine to an acquaintance to
use as a basis of a swap into a Chevy Vega.  I have given him copies of all
the printed information I have and have been generally talking up the idea.
I have accumulated quite a bit of 215 stuff, mostly very inexpensively, and
told him right from the beginning I could supply everything he needs.  Now
it appears he is considering the idea seriously and wants to know how much
I want for the engine.

        So, the question is what is a fair price?  Many of you have bought,
sold, traded this stuff several times so this group should be the best
source for realistic pricing information.  What he would get is a wrecking
yard engine, as is, complete with starter, generator or alternator, intake
(4-barrel) and exhaust manifolds, water pump, fan, pulleys bell housing,
flywheel, rocker covers, harmonic balancer, heads, oil pan, etc--everything
except a carburetor.

        If anybody feels like offering any advice, I would sure welcome it.
I am thinking it might be best to send it to me only, not to the list, but
that should be your choice.  Thanks in advance.

Dave Kernberger