Re: Snap gauges

To: "Opstal, Lex van" <agopstal@huygmetaal.nl>
Subject: Re: Snap gauges
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:17:08 -0800
Lex :

I would be happy to supply the brand name, if I knew it.  However, the
only legend on the set is "Made in China", and my Enco catalog only
lists them as "Model 615-6610" which is an Enco part number.  At least
at US dealers, if you ask for "cheap Chinese", they'll know what you
want <g>

It may seem backwards, but I suspect you'll find no better solution than
to order from a supplier in the US.  We are currently being 'flooded'
with cheap tools made in the PRC (IMO Enco and Harbor Freight only exist
because of these cheap tools), that come to the US with no duty and very
little shipping paid.  Shipping back to the Netherlands for something as
light as these gauge sets shouldn't be too expensive.

However, my Rutland catalog lists a slightly more expensive set ($30)
under the name "RTS Prestige".  Perhaps you can ask for that name.

Randall