Extrude-Hone on a TR7/8?

To: TR7/TR8 List <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>,
Subject: Extrude-Hone on a TR7/8?
From: Kevin Burtch <kevin_burtch@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 02:02:18 -0700 (PDT)
(Note: crossposted to the TR7/8 list and Rover V8
list)

I was wondering (since I didn't find a word in the
archives of either list) if anyone has ever tried
the Extrude-Hone process on Buick/Rover heads or on
the Rover/Triumph EFI manifolds (low, TR8/SD1 type).

If you aren't familiar with this process, check out
their web-site:  http://www.extrudehone.com/

Basically, imagine squeezing abrasive toothpaste
under high pressure through your ports... neat idea.

I have no affilliation with them at all, just been
curious about their interesting process for years.

Now that I have a TR8 to play with (and repair),
I figured I'd post a note to the list... I plan to
hop it up after I get the basics sorted out. Purists
please don't get upset, I've been thinking about this
since I bought it - the car is too rough for a proper
restoration to be worth it (I'm also thinking about
the nice wood interior - something dark).

I actually was considering using this process on my
TR7 some time ago... but the bottom end needs a
rebuild first (and at this point, the car's not worth
it - I'm sad to say).

Thanks,
Kevin

P.S. If crossposting is a no-no, please let me know...
     I'm not sure if there are people on the V8 list
     who aren't on the TR7/8 list (SD1/kitcar
owners?).

http://invites.yahoo.com/