Re: 3.9 won't run over 3000rpm

To: "Larry Michelon" <lmichelon@i-c.net>, "'RRO'" <rro@Land-Rover.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: 3.9 won't run over 3000rpm
From: "Larry Embrey" <lamrith@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:49:54 -0700
Well what era the symptoms?  Does it just plain not go higher, start
sputtering, cough & wheeze...

If the engine has not been bored out much yet, you can still bore it out
rather than get a new block.  I think the max is something like .40 over
(correct me if wrong).  That will give you a minor disp increase and will be
cheaper than a new block.  I know I would rather do that than find a new
block..