Best approach to add breather system...?

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Best approach to add breather system...?
From: "Pete Bronlund" <peteb@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 11:18:51 +1200
Hi there folks. I know that i must remove the blow-by gases from the
crankcase of my reco'd Rover 3.5liter (or suffer chance of expensive damage
in a backfire) but since i'm using a 390 Holley what arrangement should i
plumb in? Although in my country the emission regulations aren't all that
strict yet, shouldn't there be a PCV valve included?

On the original Rover & SU carbs there were some 'tank' things that had mesh
wire in them & were called flame traps plumbed between each rockercover &
each carb. Now i have a single 3/8" connect on the Holley base & a connect
on each rockercover.

Any ideas or approaches to this wee problem appreciated.

Regards Pete.