Re: Help With PCV setup for Rover V8

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help With PCV setup for Rover V8
From: "David Read" <daveread@dove.net.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:48:52 +1030
I usually test PCV valves by shaking them. If they do not rattle like a
ball in a spray paint can they are us/stuck and need cleaning. I usually
wash them in solvent (petrol) and try again. If they still do not rattle
.. in the bin and get a new one.
Usually a good wash/soak with solvent is sufficient to get all the gunk
out.
Once dry ... a good puff of air should check if they still shut off in
the one direction.

Mebbe the later types are computer controlled .. dunno ... I am a shade
tree mechanic and steer clear of hi tech gizmos <g>.

Cheers
Dave
daveread@dove.net.au <RIP 8Nov01>
South Australia