Re: Buick/Rover flywheels

To: "Carbucks" <carbucks@shaw.ca>,
Subject: Re: Buick/Rover flywheels
From: "jon" <jonaxt@pacifier.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 06:47:22 -0700
I run an aluminum McLeod flywheel behind first a Buick then an Olds and now
a 4.2. It bolted right up but I removed all but 3/8 inch of the boss at the
very back of the crank to clear the splines in the input shaft of a Camaro
T-5. Also modified OD and length of stock Camaro pilot bearing to fit into
the 4.2 crank. Some BOP's -- I don't know which one or ones -- had iron
flywheels with a heavy ridge around the circumference that can be removed. I
have two iron flywheels. Jon