roller cam

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: roller cam
From: "jon axt" <vonaxt@pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 06:47:14 -0700
I've just bought a core 4.2 and I'm trying to figure out what modifications
to make. It seems reasonable to me that because these engines have small
valves and ports, a roller cam would be appropriate because such a system
can open and close the valves more quickly. BTW, because of hood clearance
problems - it's in an old S TVR - I use an SD-1 inlet for which I enlarged
and matched the ports between the two halves, and doweled them for precice
location. I plan on enlarging the throttle after first adding material to
fill the EGR cooling recess beneath the throttle plate, and also to enlarge
and match the head-inlet ports as well. I have CNC milling capabilities.
Comments? Jon