Re: Clutch problems

To: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch problems
From: "Dave Herr" <triumphs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:43:42 -0400
Carl,

Yes, you may be right. When I pulled the clutch this morning, it appeared
that the threaded portion that is on the transmission imput shaft support
had slid back flush with the transmission. With it in this position, I could
not screw out the bearing enough to have the proper clearance. I made a
spacer and have reinstalled everything so I'll know shortly if this fixed
the problem. I also found that the clutch disk appeared to have some
clearance issues with the pressure plate where the bolts flange is. I made
some more clearance with my dremel before I reinstalled this and checked it
once the disk was centered with the pilot bushing.

Thanks,

Dave Herr
1965 TR4A V8!