Re: Rover V-8 Engine Books

To: "Chris & Kelly Sharp" <4sharps@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Rover V-8 Engine Books
From: "Dave Herr" <triumphs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:49:24 -0500
I have the "Tuning Rover V-8 Engines: How to Get Best Performance for Road
and Competition Use, Vol. 8" book and found it quite useful as I built up a
Rover engine from a pile of parts. It covers all the important detail bits
like the fact that my stock Rover PB series engine had the good pistons and
10.1 compression, but had poor heads. The book recommended heads from any of
the SD1 series engines, so I got a new set of heads with the improved port
and valve sizes. I would recommend this book along with advice from people
like Dan at D&D.

Hope this helps,

Dave Herr
V8 TR4A