Advice on my Triumph Spitfire

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Advice on my Triumph Spitfire
From: "Ron St. John" <rst-john@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:12:48 -0600
Cheers one and all,

I am new to this group and would appreciate some advice from what I
expect is a very learned bunch. Also, please forgive me for my query
regarding my '66 Buick, aluminum block, 225 cu.in.V-6 (seeing as how
this is a V-8 discussion group).  My appologies.

My problem is that I have had this engine in my '70 Spitfire Mk III
since 1980.  Well, that's really not the problem, the problem is the GM
300 2-speed automatic transmission I have had in the car.  I want to
pull the engine and convert to a 5-spreed manual that utilzes the
original hydraulic clutch setup.  Can anyone on this discussion group
offer me any advice as to the best and easiest conversion?  The car
currently has a 3:27 rearend from a GT-6.

Thanks in advance,

Ron St. John
Palatine, IL