Re: 350 crank?

To: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Subject: Re: 350 crank?
From: Richard Barrington <richard@freedomwigs.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:43:42 +1300
Hi James,

I guess anything is possible, but would be slightly easier with a
4.0/4.6 block (bigger mains). I'd measure up the counterweight diameter
first off. You might still be able to machine the weights then balance
it by adding tungsten (mallory/heavy metal), but that can start getting
expensive depending how much you need. I had to do that with a P76
crankshaft :-(

I'd imagine that Dan Lagrou would be the man to talk to about it, as
he'll know the parts involved better than most.

Here's a  couple of related links anyway:
http://www.rickwrench.com/home79.htm
http://qldleylandp76.itgo.com/gregs2.html

Richard.