Re: Induction question

To: "Pete W" <pete@squidlydid.freeserve.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Induction question
From: "jon axt" <vonaxt@pacifier.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:16:16 -0700
I fit a Ford  Mustang EFI (first 1989, then 1995) to a 215 Olds and then a
4.2 rover and it works great. The Ford EECIV has very good adaptive
capabilities, and Mustang people find that they can install cams, headers,
etc, and the computer figures out what to do. Ford stuff is reliable, cheap,
and an excellent book by Chas Probst exists. User configered modifiers are
available which actually change the lookup tables. All more fun than should
be legal. And you're doing better for the environment. I use an `80's era
TR8 inlet with matched ports between the halves (Hardcastle says this is not
a bad inlet), I'm planning a bigger throttle plate. Distributor is a bit of
a problem (ignition is integral to the fuel management) and anyone with a
lathe should be able to fit a new bottom to the Ford body. A new Hall switch
curtain (mirror image, because the distributors on the ford and rover rotate
in opposite directions; this is sequencial EFI) must be made. Done that
myself. Engine powers my TVR 3000S, and some photos can be seen by placing
"jon's 3000s" with the quotes into google. My site should be at the top of
the list. Jon