Rover rocker cover question

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover rocker cover question
From: Pete Bronlund <peteb@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:25:07 +1200
Hi Folk
I have a set of clean and polished SD1 covers with the Leyland logo
inside that I want to transfer onto my engine. Currently it has the
early units and the word "ROVER" engraved on top. This always results in
people saying the car is a Rover(!) The engine is in my little kitcar so
nothing is standard.

The LH SD1 cover of the pair has an enormous oil filler neck that
appears to be screwed into the cover, and locked solid.

The neck will foul a few system parts not to mention the bonnet.

Can anyone confirm if it is possible it can be removed without having to
destroy the thing? I cannot see any pinning etc so I am I right assuming
it has been just Locktite glued or something. Maybe a bit of heat will
melt that glue and release it?

Help appreciated.

Pete Bronlund... in New Zealand Almac Sabre kitcar (Rover powered).

---