Re: [Wedge] TR7/8 FI air intake

To: dan@thecarringtons.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [Wedge] TR7/8 FI air intake
From: FOSmith@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 04:39:12 EST
In a message dated 12/31/05 4:49:36 PM, dan@thecarringtons.net writes:

> FYI, now in California, you can change out your air filter on a FI
> engine if nothing emissions related is in front of the air flow sensor.
> Thus you can trash the whole air filter box and put on a cone K&N if you
> want.  (save the filter box for future)  But if you have a carbed car,

This must be new because last year a friend of mine failed the smog
inspection because the original air filter box had been replaced by a K&N type
filter
attached to the air flow meter.   I had to help him track down an original
filter box and brackets so that he could renew his license tags.
Fred Smith
Orinda, CA