Re: Woblink (Mallock again.

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Woblink (Mallock again.
From: "Erik Berg" <Erik.Berg@trw.com>
Date: 14 Mar 1997 17:30:39 -0800
 Reply to:     RE>Woblink  (Mallock again... )

This is a (slightly edited) cross-post, from Kitracers.  I found the =
discussion of
Arthur Mallock and his cars interesting, so I thought that I would =
forward this to
chapman-era.

erik.berg@trw.com
------------------------------
Reply to:     Mallock again... shoulda known!

> I have witnessed his creations first hand, at the yearly vintage race =
meeting in
> Laguna. (Monterey CA)  They won in their particular class for *many* =
years in
> a row, using a (the?) Mallock U2.

Last model was a Mallock MPR32 I think. Faster than an F3000 using the =
same
engine and a live rear axle.

> Seems to me that one of his sons did the
> driving.... I think the U2 is '59 or '60ish vintage.  They came up =
against some very
> sophisticated opposition.... it didn't matter!    ;-)

Yep

> The U2 is a primitive looking front (offset from CL!) engine rear drive =
F2 car, with
> the requisite live axle.  Preposterously fast, for its time....

The old U2 is still built in NZ, as a replica!

> Mallock's cars are cool, because they really demonstrate =
bang-for-the-buck like
> almost nothing else, and because they kinda ignore conventional =
wisdom.... and
> d*mn, they sure are quick using live axles.

> Sorry to hear that he's passed.  Another milestone, I guess.  I hope =
that his family
> will continue the quest on his behalf.

Ray Mallock now builds demonly fast  Vauxhall 2 litre touring cars for =
the factory
team in the UK series.

Liam.
Date: 3/12/97 2:03 AM
From: Berg, Erik

Wow, thanks Liam.  That is really fascinating.  Funny, how Arthur Mallock =
keeps
popping up, in these discussions.
Erik