Re: Lotus/Toyota Gearbox Swa

To: DYNOPHILLIPBABCOCK@worldnet.att.net, Erik.Berg@trw.com,
Subject: Re: Lotus/Toyota Gearbox Swa
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 22:03:53 -0800
Well, I'd been wanting to track down more details, but I'll just throw
out a teaser, since it's come up.

There's a fellow in New Zealand who specializes in Toyota gearbox
swaps; company name is Conversion Components - there's an entry
in the Monster List. He apparently is a very good toolmaker
and casts his own bellhousings and adapters, as well as doing
flywheel work. I heard about him regarding putting a Supra 5speed
into a TR3 ... and I've sent him a fax asking about GT6+ and
Elan swaps (the two I'm interested in at the moment). I'll send
something when I know more.