tuning(Air filters)

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tuning(Air filters)
From: Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 22:57:10 +0200 (MET DST)
When we are at the subject of tuning. What kind of air filters do you use
for your twincams?

We put in a K&N filter in our elan this weekend(In the stock airfilter
housing, to ensure that cold air are being sucked in to the engine. It is
a bit taller than the stock one though). That gave an increase of about
150rpm on idle when the engine was hot(from approx 850 to 1000. Compared
to the stock Volvo
paper airfilter(even a bit taller than the K&N filter) which the PO had
used(The paper filter was clean). Thats not to shabby, or?
Should we have the car rejetted on a rolling road or would it not be
necessary?(I think the mixture was a bit rich with the old filter because
the spark plugs were black )

Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>