Re: '62 Lotus Seven value?

To: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: '62 Lotus Seven value?
From: Steven Shipley <shiples@home.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:50:11 -0700
A newer car with a 1500cc Ford went for approximately
$17500 on Ebay in the past year.  The price guides
would say that you can buy one cheaper but I haven't
seen one sell a lot less than that.

There's a very nice S2.5 in the Seattle area that
is currently for sale for 20K. A LOT more car than
you're currently looking at.

It's not going to be one of the faster cars so it
is definately less than 18K unless it's very
original.

Buy the Tony Weale book to help evaluate the car.
The cars are easy to restore if you aren't trying
to make it original.  Be aware that the chassis
tubes can rust from the inside out. And the ones
that you can inspect are going to be the last to
rust.  A new chassis is about $5K.

Take a good look at the rear axle for oil leaks.
The housings are expensive and hard to find.

Steve Shipley
1965 Super 7 1500 Cosworth