SimpleSevens Update - check it out!

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: SimpleSevens Update - check it out!
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 08:21:41 -0800 (PST)
Greetings Fellow Seveners!

I apologise for the long wait, but here's the latest
on SimpleSevens.com...

I've spotted Seven SB2303 for sale at Racecars.com -
Photos of 2303 and John Watson's comments on the car
are listed at http://www.simplesevens.com/2303.htm No
financial interest, blah, blah, blah...

Bjxrn Larsson's 1959 Series One has led quite a life,
now powered by a peculiar climax engine...
http://www.simplesevens.com/larssonB.htm Bjxrn has
also prepared a web site of his own which is linked
from this page.

Rod Thonger pushes his 68 Seven over the "ton" on the
way home from buying it...
http://www.simplesevens.com/thonger.htm

Michael Plitkins presents SB 2039, his Series Two and
recounts its recent history and conversion from race
to street car on his own web site as well...  click to
it from http://www.simplesevens.com/plitkins.htm

In the Details area, you'll notice that I've posted
another handfull of great photos, supplied by David
Caley, of his backside -- backside of his instrument
panel that is! See the detail and routing of an
original Seven wiring harness...
http://www.simplesevens.com/details/dashback.htm If
anyone's interested, I can post the photos David sent
me of his cooling fan and heater box installations as
well - Let me know!

Finally you may notice that my wheels sold, to be
shipped all the way to Oregon from my garage here in
Michigan. I hope to post photos of the happy Lotus
Seven recipient wearing his new wheels once its owner
gets around to sending me some pics!

The funds from those wheels were quickly turned into a
"special manifold" found on early Seven Americas
(http://www.simplesevens.com/details/header2.htm)which
appeared for auction recently on ebay. It was a tough
auction, right down to the wire, but I managed to come
out on top! I would be very happy to hear from anyone
with knowledge of this manifold as I prepare to
install it on my Seven America. Thanks to all of you
who offered info for the debate on the "correctness"
of this part for particular applications, and also for
those of you who actually offered your encouragement
in my efforts to pick it up!

Remember to send those pics and info - I get around to
it all eventually! (and if I've missed anything you've
already sent, please remind me :-) Thanks!

Until next time, happy holiday motoring!!

John Donohoe
SimpleSevens.com

///
///  chapman-era@autox.team.net mailing list