curved-dash-olds

Schebler carb from Hershey

Subject: Schebler carb from Hershey
From: Awentsbury@aol.com (Awentsbury@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 05:25:59 EDT
I have just spent about a day and a half fitting a
 Schebler model R carb that I brought at Hershey for $ 20.00 .it looks a very
nice carb and was a very good buy as I saw the same ones for $ 150.00 and
above , mine looks black but is brass underneath hence the low price .
Once mounted the carb would not work so I put some petrol down the spark hole
a few times and fiddled with the carb and got the engine into life , I still
need to adjust it but it seems to run much better than it did on the old
original sliding carb
I did find a Holly later but they wanted $450.00 for it , and it was for the
later cars with the horizontal bolt holes , also it had a round air intake
pipe with a thread on it , it must have been an original carb .
I told someone at the curved dash stand and they rushed of and purchased it
for $400.00 .
It is only 2 weeks untill the Brighton run so I had better get it running as
well as I can .
I purchased two buggy tops , complete with very tatty canvas , they had all
the metal work but I had to dismantle them both in order to take them one the
plane home , Still I think that they will live again .

All the best .

Ian .