New Wheels on a roadster??

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Wheels on a roadster??
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 12:10:15 -0800 (PST)
 Hi All,

        Well I want to put new wheels on my roadster. Everyone seems to be
against this idea.  IU think its the only thing the different suyppliers
that I have talked to agree on.  "New wheels just dont look right on a
roadster" I think that some of the new styles that say enki makes would
look really good. I like the 'couple of big chromed spokes' on my roadster.
I think that they would show off my cool new cross-drilled rotors.
        Unfortunately the only advice I have gotten is.. go somewhere
and have them try on differnt wheels untill you find some that will fit....
I do not know if any of you hve been to a wheel tire place but they do not have
a huge amount of stock lying around.  Ithink they just mostly order stuff out
of cataloges that they know will fit.  It just seems almost impossible. But I
keep thinking that if Panasprt makes a wheel that fits no problem then there
have got to be other wheels that will work.
        Luckily I have a new neighbor that owns a wheel and tire place!!! What
luck.. he drive a bmw roadster and he likes my car.  I am going to try to hit
him up for the huge favor of trying to find wheels that will fit.  If I am
succesful I will post the details to the list.  I will probably try to
purchase a major manufacturer wheels like enki or moda or something.  My
thinking is if I get it figured out for one manufact. model then the numbers
might carry over to all of there other models??
        Heres hoping
                Daniel 69 2000