advice/parts sought for turn signal mechanism

To: datsun roadster list <datsun-roadsters@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: advice/parts sought for turn signal mechanism
From: Eric Armstrong <ericarm@cal.alumni.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:42:28 -0800 (PST)
Hi Everyone -

I'm also in need of a fix for my faulty turn signal switch.  When I turn
the wheel to the left it actuates the left turn signal.  When I drive on
even a mildly rough road, gravity causes the switch to go down (left) and
actuates the left turn signal.

This is a pain and I want to fix it -- It's already been rebuilt twice, so
I think it's hopeless.  Anybody got an idea how to fix it or have a
replacement unit that isn't on it's last legs?  I was toying around with
the idea of getting a heavy duty 3 position toggle switch at the local
electronics shop and adding a long arm to it.  I'd lose the automatic
disengage feature though if I did it this way.

any advice most appreciated!

thx in advance!

-Eric
'66 1600