ZCCD & calendars, where are they?

To: 240z-club <240z-club@peak.org>,
Subject: ZCCD & calendars, where are they?
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:25:47 -0800
Well I am back in the office after an interesting trip to Japan in Dec. Look
for coverage of the trip and the Nismo Festival in upcoming issues.

Lots of people have been concerned (justifiably so) about the lack of an issue
recently, and the fact that they haven't received their Z car calendars. I
wanted to take a second to explain what has happened so folks don't freak out
or feel like I am ignoring them. Here is a copy of a post on the subject that
I sent to the IZCC list, that addresses the issue without going into lots of
details. All I would add to this is that the delay in the calendar caused the
delay in the issue. The two are directly related, because the work in question
on the issue couldn't be started until that work on the calendar was
completed. The calendar was supposed to have been printed in early October and
instead wasn't ready for print until December and the issue, which should have
been printed in late October wasn't ready for print until the end of the year.
Also we had the bad luck to have the delays run us into the holiday season
when folks were out of town, and that caused some of the delays on the issue.
While this wasn't something I had any control over, I do want folks to know
that I am very concerned about this. My intention was and is to get this
publication on track as far as regularity goes and this setback
notwithstanding, I am working on making that happen. On a positive note, I
think folks will be very pleased with the changes in issue #14. Issue #14 is
due to begin mailing on the Friday Jan 15th, though they may not get them all
sent out before the 17th or 18th, and the post office can take anywhere up to
2 weeks to actually deliver them. As for the Z calendars, they are being
mailed right now. Some have gone out and some are about to. Since these are
going out first class (rather than bulk as the issues do) they should arrive
within a few days of mailing. For those of you who selected a Classic Datsun
calendar, most of those were drop shipped to you by Mike on Dec 3rd. If you
were expecting a Classic Datsun calendar and have not yet gottne one, please
send me a post so I can look into it.

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher