Re: Z pics...where?

To: <DMPDJ@aol.com>, "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Z pics...where?
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 09:28:46 -0600
>I went to the Detroit Auto Show last week and took lots of pics which I hope
>to post when they come back from developing.  The new "Z" car was pretty
>unexciting when compared to most other concept cars.  The new Honda Roadster
>was pretty cool though.
>
>Dave Ford

That would have been fun, even with the weather. Motorweek did a segment
on the show and Chrysler, as is usual these days, had some interesting
cars. I was particularly taken by the Prospect (?), looks like a
miniature late 30's four door sedan. Did you happen to get any shots of
it? How large is it? Supposedly built on a stretched Neon platform.

Nissan does need to work on the Z, IMHO. It's just too chunky. Needs to
be leaner, more like the Jag. It could be either very good or very bad
for Nissan. If it's a flop then the company would be in major trouble.
The market is different than it was 30 years, with more competitors
building some very capable and interesting car. I hope they take the time
to get it right.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)