wheel bearings

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: wheel bearings
From: pete-3@juno.com (Matthew W Peterson)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:42:43 -0600
Hi everyone,

I've been working on my car off and on this winter (mostly off because of
the fact I don't have a heated garage and time issues).  I posted a
message a few weeks ago about how to grease wheel bearings.  I got lots
of responses and I'd like to thank everyone for the help but I have
another question.  How is the inside set of bearings removed.  I took of
the rotor hoping that it would allow me to get the bearings out but it
didn't.  The only other way I can see is to take off the rubber seal
that's on the backside of the "hub"(the part that holds the two sets of
bearings).  Is this what I need to do in order to get the other set of
bearings out and how do I do this without ripping up the seal.  It seems
to be in there pretty good.

Thanks,

Matt Peterson
68 1600