Re: Pinging only when warm

To: snyler@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Pinging only when warm
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:21:24 EST
In a message dated 1/25/99 3:07:49 PM Mountain Standard Time,
snyler@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< >Marc,

 >I can't think of anything else that would affect the idle other than a vac
 >leak.  A good way to check is to take a can of Berryman's Carb cleaner with
 >plastic tube on it and spray it at suspected areas and see if the idle speed
 >changes.  Be careful not to get it on the exhaust and keep a fire
 >extinguisher
 >handy.
 >
 >Joseph Berkenbile
 >70 1600
 >Albuquerque

 Joseph,
       What are the likely trouble spots to go after using this method?

 Marc Tyler
 1970 1600
 Boerne TX (Actually Sisterdale TX)

Marc,
Start at the throttle shafts where they go through the body of the carb and
work inward.  Try them on both sides of each carb.  Also mating surfaces of
carb to manifold and manifold to head, anywhere there is a casting plug or
capping off an emission plumbing, etc.  Could even be a crack somewhere.

Joseph