Un-cool vibrations

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Un-cool vibrations
From: JeffnAly@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 02:43:19 EDT
Hi All,
Well I need some input.  My car very insidiously and suddenly developed a
very strong and strange vibration.  It's not like a wheel out of balance.
And I don't think that my alignment is out.  When I get the vibration it feel
like it is coming through the motor or drive train the stick shifter vibrates
strongly.  The vibration comes on at about 30 to 35 MPH and is more notable
when I let off the gas at that speed.  There is no change in the vibration
when I depress the clutch and let the RPM fall off.  Also, it is not isolated
to any particular gear.  At higher speed the vibration is still very present
but shallower and faster.  Is this a U-joint gone bad?

Congratulations to Ron and Co.on thier car's great placing along side of
international competition!

Thanks,
Jeff S  SRL486