still won't start

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: still won't start
From: Matthew W Peterson <pete-3@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 20:53:43 -0500
Hi everyone,

I reset the timing tonight and made sure that all the spark plug wires
were going to the right cylinders (which they were :) ).  While I had the
plugs out I noticed that the #1and 4 pistons looked very black and sooty
while the #2 and 3 were metalic and shiny.  Maybe only the #2 and 3 were
firing before.  Anyway, I went to crank it over and I thought it was
going to start for a second but it died.  I tried to get it to start for
about five minutes.  I noticed that when I let it sit for about 30
seconds and tried it, it would turn over for a few revolutions but after
that it wouldn't hardly fire until l let it sit again for another half a
minute.  Would the hole in my muffler have anything to do with it not
wanting to keep running?  I don't know a lot about exhaust systems.  It's
wierd, it will turnover a few revolutions, die, and then I'll get
nothing.  Anyone out there have any idea?

Thanks for all the previous replies,

Matt Peterson
'68 1600
Zimmerman, Mn