On the Road

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: On the Road
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:59:28 -0600
Hi,

Thanks to this list, my 67.5 1600 is out of the garage and on the road
again!!!

It's been parked in the garage for about 5 years, due to lack of time, and
not knowing where to turn to for information, and/or parts.  Then I found
this list, listened in for a month or so, then started asking questions, and
now I'm Enjoying The Ride.

I still have a few glitches (no brake lights or driving lights), but I took
it around the neighborhood yesterday for the first time since I started
working on it again.  Here's some of the things I did:

- new SUs (from Ross at Sports Imports, they're purring, and now I know how
to tune them)
- new Brake Master Cylinder
- rebuilt Clutch Master Cylinder and Slave Cylinder
- new points, cap, rotor, plugs, plug wires, fan belt, radiator hoses, fuel
line hoses, fuel filter, battery, etc

The interior is clean, except for getting all of the guages working.  The
exterior is rust free, but needs paint, think I'm going to look into PPG for
something Silver that has a Black glow to it.

Anyways, just wanted to thank one and all for getting me motivated, and on
the road.

Robert Long
2 67.5 1600s
Albuquerque, NM