Re:

To: Bill Todt <todt@gloria.cord.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: Teddy Seidenfeld <teddy@stat.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:10:12 -0400
Dear Bill (and friends),

Small world: even for Roadsterites!

I have the 69 2000 SRL311 08018, just a few chassis down the assembly line
from yours.  And, yes, I too have the two (symmetrically placed) backup
lights hanging from the rear, and the round sidemarkers: all standard for
the '69 models.  The seatbelt tags on mine indicate that those were made in
Oct. '68.

Now for real coincidence: I have a hardtop from Parrish Plastics!!

Tom Parrish is nearly retired now.  He doesn't make tops anymore but has
some stock left that he is happy to sell.  I don't know whether he has any
remaining for the (late-model) high-windshield Roadsters.

You can call his shop at (412) 833 1755. (Or, if anyone is interested, I
can call him and post the news.)

The shop's address is 5309 Enterprise Ave.; Bethel Park PA

In any case, if I can be of any help, e.g., if Tom has one for sale that
you'd like me to check out, I'm happy to offer some assistance. His shop is
about 20 minutes from my house!

Regards,
Teddy
Pgh PA

At 09:55 PM 5/19/99 -0500, Bill Todt wrote:

>With all the recent talk about model year, backup lights etc., I was
>wondering how much ambiguity there is in roadster model years and features.
>I have a '69 2000 (SRL31107031) and have the round rear side marker lights
>('69) but also have two back-up lights ('70).
>
>Also, concerning hardtops: when I got my present 2000 in 1978 I shopped
>around for hardtops.  A place in Bethyl Park PA called Parrish Plastics had
>a smooth rounded hardtop that sounds like the factory hard tops.  At the
>time I opted for a Custom  Hardtops (Longbeach) top instead.
>
>Does anyone know if Parrish Plastics still around and did anyone try one of
>their tops.  They sent me a snapshot of one 21 uears ago that I could post
>if anyone wants to see what they looked like.
>
>Bill Todt
>Moorhead, MN
>69 2000 "The Sun"
>snip:
>

>Gary McCormick wrote:
>
>Check out the Roadster Spotter's guide in Greg Valazza's excellent web
>site, datsun.org. The URL to get straight to the Spotter's Guide is
>http://www.datsun.org/roadster/info/modelguide/
>
>You'll see there that they went from one to two backup lights for the
>'70 year model cars.
>
>Gary McCormick
>'70 2000
>San Jose, CA
>- ------------------------------------------------------------
>
>NATHAN J RUFFCORN wrote:
>>
>> Really simple question.  I was perplexed when I noticed my 69 2L has two
>> reverse lights hanging off the rear bumper.  For some reason I don't
>> remember seeing any roadsters on the web with two, but rather only one that
>> was offset to one side.  I could see how they could easily get knocked off
>> but was curious.  Were there different options for different years?  Please
>> somebody tell me so I can sleep tonight!  (grin)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Nathan
>

>Bill Todt                                                       (218)
236-6241
mailto:todt@gloria.cord.edu
http://www.cord.edu/faculty/todt