Re[2]: For Sale 1600 & 2000

To: Edward Wilsey <erwilsey@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re[2]: For Sale 1600 & 2000
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:32:46 -0700
The earlier cars had a glass bowl fuel filter that bolted in that area. The
later cars have plastic fuel filters that are cradled in that metal clip.

My '66 and '68 have the glass bowls, and my '70 has the plastic filter. I prefer
the glass bowl, because it's easier to see any contaminants and easy to dump the
sediment. You can still buy the glass bowls and elements from Fairlady Products.
I don't know when the switch happened, maybe sometime between 1968 and 1969.

Fred - So.SF