Blowing fuses fast!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Blowing fuses fast!
From: Ken Pearce <kpearce@madison.engr.ukans.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 23:11:37 -0500 (CDT)
In diagnosing my problem with my flashers and turn signals, I found an
in-line fuse under the dash on the left side close to the "flasher" unit
(the canister looking things, I'm assuming they are the relays).  There
was a 20 amp blown fuse there, and when I put a new fuse in, it instantly
blew with a little blue flash!

Does this mean I have a direct short on this circuit?  Probably a dumb
question, but I'll see what electrical troubleshooting tips come back from
the collective wisdom...

On a separate issue, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wear protective eye goggles when
bleeding your brakes!  I learned this the hard way last week when I had a
buddy pumping the pedal while I bled the front calipers.  My hose on the
bleed screw came loose as he was pushing the pedal down and I got a high
pressure shot of brake fluid directly in my eyes!  It was one in a
thousand chance that it would squirt exactly towards my eyes, and as
Murphy's Law requires, it did.  After 20 minutes in the shower flushing my
eyes with water and 2 calls to the poison hotline, the burning subsided
and I sustained no serious damage.  I point out my own  stupidity here in
the hopes of preventing others from repeating my mistake!

Happy roadstering!

Ken Pearce, '68-2000