Re: Leaf Springs

To: Chris_Brucciani@mminet.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaf Springs
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 14:58:34 EDT
In a message dated 24-05-99 1:44:46 PM EST, Chris_Brucciani@mminet.com writes:

<< My car came with what appears to be a "lift" kit attached to the rear of
 the leaf springs.  It is a shackle that probably raises the car about 2".
 I don't know if I like or dislike this.  One positive is that it gives the
 car a good aggressive stance i.e. the rear slightly higher than the nose.
 But is this adversely affecting the handling of the car?  Does anyone else
 have something similar? >>

Hello,

That isn't a lift.  The previous owner just had the rear spring shackle
re-installed
up-side down.  When I bought my '66 1600 it was just as you had described.
It sat alittle higher than stock.  I just re-installed it back to stock.
Many Roadster racers made this modification to their cars.

To see a pic of a Roadster with this modification just go to the August Car
in the
'99 Classic Datsun Calendar.  You will clearly see what the modification
looks like.  If you dont have the calendar you can go to the following site
for a look but the clarity isn't quite there.

http://members.aol.com/calspeed/datsun2.html

Michael Carion
San Francisco, Ca