intermittent running on?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: intermittent running on?
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 10:33:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,

        Ah, the nice SF spring weather..50 degrees F and very foggy-wet!!

        Besides that my problem is my car seems to run on every once in a while?
Maybe once every five times or so when I shut it off it kinda stumbles once..
twice and then makes a wierd 'farting' (pardon my french) noise as it dies??
Other than that it starts right up and runs fine..though just lately its been
idling a little high...
        I thought that when a car runs on it meant that the timing was wacky..
but why would it be intermittent?? Is it time for a new non-smog dist???

                Daniel 69 2000 'Feynman'
                SF CA