Re: No electricial power

To: Datsundude@aol.com
Subject: Re: No electricial power
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@compctr.ccs.csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:10:29 PST8PDT
> My name is dean and i just purchased a 70 1600 roadster...

Hi Dean!

> NOTHING, only thing that would work or show power was the s-brake
> light on the dash..

The main battery cable goes to the starter. TWO wires then go from
the starter, up to a plug below the master cylinders. One runs the
'critical' circuits thru a 20 amp fuse. The other runs thru the ammeter
and then to the fuse block. Ross has wiring diagrams on his site
(http://home.istar.ca/~datsun) but there's a really clean one by Taylor
Hutt at http://www.datsunroadsters.com/wiring.html. Note that if
there's a problem, that ammeter acts as a fuse and blows out :-(

-- John