Re: Horns, Paint, and Trailers

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Horns, Paint, and Trailers
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 99 11:06:17 CDT
Jim,

WIth a smaller tow vehicle I like using the tow bar, but
you are correct a trailer is nice.

One thing about single axle trailers is to go with larger
tires, and double check their load rating. I noticed one
single axle trailer with 13" wheels... hauling a roadster.

Concern was the tire loading was rated at 800 pounds/tire.
Uh, with a trailer weight and a 2100# roadster... quite
overloaded for those tires.

Best to find a 14" TRUCK tire with a much higher loading!

I still would love to have a single axle ALUMINUM trailer.
Light, rust free... but a pain in the rear for a roadside
repair. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX