carb linkage

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: carb linkage
From: JWHAUN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 01:03:05 EDT
Hi everyone. I have a datsun 1500 with a 1600 head that has the old style
SU's type carbs. The problem is that after installing a replacement master
cylinder that has the brake line going out the right side instead of the left
side, my throttle linkage hits the master cylinder when I try to open the
throttle. (Evidently, the original type master cylinders are no longer
available) Has anyone already ran into this problem? What is the best way to
remedy this problem while keeping the correct geometry of the linkage, etc?
Thanks for any help.

Jim Haun
1500 Roadster