Modified Roadster sighting!

To: Gary Griffin <Griffcom@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Modified Roadster sighting!
From: pkort@cis.picker.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:30:28 -0400

  At Carisle's Import Nationals in PA  a few years back there was a 2000 that
came up with the Maryland Z club.  It was all black primer or flat black, wings
like the bat mobile from the TV show not the movies, and 3D busts of different
Bat Man bad guys along each side!  Definitely not something I would want to be
seen in!  Even the interior had been painted flat black.

  BUT, for every one that thinks modifying a roadster or a E-Type jag is crazy,
there are probably 100 that will never understand why some one would spend all
the time and money to drive an old leaky convertible with no trunk space, lousy
timing chains, weak alternators, bad grounds, and points!

  AND, you should be thankful that we all have different opinions!  Other wise
we might all be driving Checker Marathons ( great trunks for traveling families
of 12! ) and 1960 Plymouth Furys ( gotta love those wings! )!  Or worse, every
one would want a Datsun 2000.   And since there aren't enough to go around, only
oil sheiks and Bill Gates could afford them!!!!

  Personally, although I find the early E-Type Jags to be one of the best
looking cars ever made, I like Barrie's.  Definitely a unique mind styled that
one!

Paul's $0.02
OROC

Please respond to Gary Griffin <Griffcom@ix.netcom.com>

To:   datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Any list members see unusual roadster modifications worthy of mention?
--
Gary W. Griffin, ARM