Runoffs

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Runoffs
From: "Richard B. Chianese" <Richard.B.Chianese@swpc.siemens.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:14:13 -0400
I just got back from a great week at the SCCA Runoffs.  The only
disappointing thing is that this is the first time in 28 years that a
Datsun roadster did not compete.  Come on, you roadster racer guys (Bill
?) have got to qualify a roadster in G Production or E Production next
year.  I'd do it myself but age and a balloon foot keep me from being
competitive.

On the bright side, the PL510 is well represented in G Production, F
Production and several GT classes.  It is probably the one car model
that appears in the most classes.  A 240Z in E Production had the race
stolen from him by a useless full course yellow that wiped out his half
lap lead.  (Reminds me of NASCAR's tendency to bring out the pace car at
odd times just to bunch up the field.)

I did get a chance to visit with my sister in Cuyahoga Falls and see my
original 68 roadster.  My brother-in-law claims that he will be getting
it back on the road next year.  (Yea, right; I should live so long.)

It was great to meet Chris and Diane Luers and Mitch of OROC.  I now
have an OROC cap to wear while motoring around Orlando.  Only
disappointment was not meeting Bill Wessel and Paul Kort who were
(supposedly) in attendance.  Maybe next year.

Rick Chianese
SRL311-14035
Orlando, Fl - 85F and sunny.