Seperation Anxiety

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Seperation Anxiety
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:10:44 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        I have to say that I am having serious seperation anxiety about
pulling out my engine.  The car does run great right now with the SU U-20.
So maybe it leaks a little oil and I keep snapping alt. mounting bolts.. But
its a known quantity.
        Before I started pulling bits off of it Ihad to take it for one last
drive.
Boy is that 4.11 fun.. Good burnouts.. The day was beautiful and I took it
for a spin up the coast....It ran great, except for the understeering..And the
weak clutch...good idle no backfiring good power.....
  The engine that I am replacing it with..A Canadian
model origianl Solex U-20. My dream engine, I ahve always wanted one... Is
recently rebuilt and should be great..but its an unkown quantity..will the
solex's be set up right?? Will it be in the condition as advertised??...
        Will I ever get it to run as nicely as my old U-20???
My old engine is going to a good home and its needed there so that helps ease
the loss.
        But still.. Am I crazy for pulling a fine running engine jsut to
replace it with a hard to carberate lumpy idle higher performance one???

                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA