Paint type

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint type
From: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 07:00:13 -0600
Hello All:
I'm planning on doing some body work touch up to the roadster this
winter. The base coat paint is in good shape, it's the bodywork under it
that needs a little TLC. The PO had the bodywork done and the car
painted so I don't know what type of paint was used. Is there a way of
determining the type of paint I'm working with so I can try and match it
with new paint? It's not an original Datsun color so paint numbers won't
help. Should I just plan on painting the whole car this winter instead
of trying to match and match with the old paint?
Steve Harvey
Milwaukee (cold + rain= winter?)