S/Brake thingy!

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: S/Brake thingy!
From: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 15:24:21 -0600
Hi All:
The po installed an electric fan on my 68 2000 solex. He didn't use a
thermostat model, just a lighted on/off switch. The problem is that he
installed the switch under the dash next to the radio. I can't see the
switch to see if it's on or off. I'm thinking of using the red s/brake
light as a way of knowing if the fan is running or not. Can that light
be disconnected from the s/brake circuit without causing some unknown
problem? I don't want to drill anymore holes (for the light) in the dash
then the po has already provided. Any help is appreciated.
Steve Harvey
Milwaukee
P.S. Weather today is great. Took the 68 for most likely the last ride
of 99! Snow expected on Thursday.