Brakes, master cyl, Arrgh!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes, master cyl, Arrgh!
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:19:09 EST
This can be added to the "what the PO did list"
So....I had replaced all brake hydraulics except the master,
and could not get a good firm pedal, no real sign of leakage
or leakdown of the master, so I though it was good,
but took it out anyway, its the only part left.  Come
to find out, its 5/8 bore which means it is supposed
to be for the clutch.  So whats on the clutch.....
in talking with some suppliers, and describing over the
phone, it is the cyl from a 510.  Hmmmm, no wonder the
cap hits the hood.   So I ordered a 3/4 master.  More fluid
moving, equals less distance traveled by my
brake foot, equals firmer feeling pedal.   Yes,
I dont want to get into a giant hydraulic discussion
like with the rear cyl question, so I know that
I can actually generate higher pressure with the smaller
cyl, but the pedal moving most of the way down when
stomped bothers me.    ....now if I can just find
a rebuild kit for that ex "master" cyl I will have the
correct clutch part also.
Yea, on vacation this week, playing house dad
while trusty other half is away, so naturally am
dinking around with the roadster resto project.......
Jim
Chesapeake Va
67 pushrod 2L